Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Chickens

A friend of mine asked me to help him out with holding some chickens yesterday so he and his friend could determine which ones go to the slaughter house. I call it the slaughter house but in reality it's just an area between the two chicken houses. I thought since his wife and kids are away and he had so many chicken that me and the kids could go help him out. It was actually quite interesting. I didn't mind the holding part. But then it came time to "whack" them. Now I think there is a humane way to kill a chicken and an inhumane way to kill a chicken. Of course him being a man and all, he thinks that hitting chickens with a PVC pipe or a golf club is OK. I didn't have any part in killing the chicken. However, I did help him clean his chickens. Hey I felt sorry for the man. I thought that he would be there for hours if I didn't help. It was no different to me then skinning a chicken in the store. The only difference is these chickens are warm and still have intestines. I had some pictures taken to prove that I actually took part in this gory act.



1 comment:

  1. Come on Killer. Post something else. I need to hear what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete