Thursday, February 26, 2009

Birthday Stress

Being that I nap all the time, I haven't had time to write anymore. Actually, that's not true. My husband no longer drives a truck. We seem to be so busy I can't ever get on the computer. Last Saturday we celebrated my two year old's birthday. If you ever want to see a woman with her spinning (other than on the exorcist), come to one of our parties. I really don't mean to go psycho, but I want to make sure EVERYTHING is perfect. I ordered a full sheet Elmo cake from Wal-mart and called the night before to see if I could pick it up a little early. I don't know how, but they lost my order. When I did get to pick it up they had forgotten the letter "H" in birthday. I thought that constituted getting a discount, but I didn't press for the issue. Now while I am in Bryan, my husband is back at home with my 13 year old son waiting for the bounce guy to come. We rented one of those jump houses so the kids would have fun. My husband was supposed to be setting up tables and blowing up balloons and putting candy in the pinata. My husband can be a procrastinator sometimes. I called him every few minutes to make sure everything was going as planned, but my son would say he's watching tv or he's on the computer. And of course there's nothing I can do because I am 30 miles away. I forgot to mention that by this time it is pouring down rain in the town I was in. I was really freaking out. I got the rest of the things I needed and hurried home. My husband had done a nice job of setting up. He must have known I was on my way home. Even though it was nice outside, my house was not in such good shape. I had cleaned it, but it was not as clean as I wanted it to be. I was told I was ranting and raving and to calm down. I know that kids don't remember early years in their lives but I wanted everything perfect. Overall, I think it went well. I don't have to stress for another five months!

No comments:

Post a Comment